Tuesday 21 October 2014

Logo Research

Logo Research

By definition a logo is a graphic mark, emblem or symbol that is commonly used by commercial enterprises, organisations or even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition. This tells me that the entire point of logo is that it is meant to stick in the minds of those who see it so that it is instantly recognised by everyone. Looking at this tells me that for me to create a successful company logo for my TV or Film Company I must ensure that above all else that it is something that is easily recognised and makes people know exactly which company it is when they see my logo. This is necessary because it allows companies to easily be recognised on posters, TV, sponsorships without even having to put any proper text on it. This has many advantages as the company don’t have to pay as much to put just a logo on something, it is recognisable and also can sometimes be more effective and catchy as people don’t even have to read anything they can just see it.
Also my research into logos and what makes a good one lead me to see that logos that are simple, clever and catchy. This is shown in many logos such as this one I found while browsing the web.
As you can see the logo is simple and clever by putting a play on the image. Even if the logo had no text it would be easily recognisable. I think it is important for me to take inspiration of logos such as this as having a easily recognisable logo is essential to making effective advertising for a company and advertising for a product can be just as important if not more important than the actual product itself because almost all sales will completely rely on how a product is sold to an audience.
My research also brought me to the attention of logos that current actual TV stations use so I could see what kind of idea and themes their logos are portraying.


As you can see each of the logos keep a very simple theme, I believe it is also important for me to do the same when designing my logo as it makes the image the company gives off seem much more professional than a messy logo would. Taking inspiration out of both the memorable and smart adverts and the simple yet effective aspects of the examples above will be my aim when creating my own to ensure I create a logo that is easily recognisable and gives a good first impression of the company.

1 comment:

  1. Very thorough research into TV logos that you link to your own design ideas. Remember to post your finished logo to the blog.

    ReplyDelete